Innovative Creative Tools
- A new Graphite modeling and texturing system introduces at least 100 additional creative tools and helps artists explore and more rapidly iterate their ideas.
- The addition of render-like effects in the viewport display - such as soft shadowing, exposure control and ambient occlusion - offers near photo-real quality for faster decision making.
Powerful New Referencing and Scene Management Capabilities
- Artists can create robust referencing workflows to help organize complex scenes more easily by treating multiple objects and scenes as a single Container object.
- A new Material Explorer helps to simplify the way artists interact with objects and materials, making iterations much easier even in highly complex scenes.
- The new multithreaded xView mesh analyzer technology helps to significantly reduce errors by providing in-viewport reporting on several types of mesh.
Enhanced Software Interoperability and Pipeline Integration
- 3ds Max 2010 is the first animation package to integrate mental images' powerful mental mill technology. This allows users to develop, test and maintain hardware-agnostic shaders and complex shader graphs for hardware and software rendering with real-time visual feedback.
- Enhanced OBJ support and ProOptimizer technology provide improved interoperability with Autodesk Mudbox software.
- Additional support for C# and .NET gives developers the access they need to customize, extend and integrate 3ds Max into their existing pipelines. Read More ....